Monday, April 11, 2011

Unpublished novel

When I first started my first  ya novel, Willow Brook, I was in the middle of an adult novel.  I couldn't stop thinking about this ya novel in my head.  It began with a snippet of a dream and it wouldn't go away.  So then I heard about NANOWRIMO and I decided to give the challenge a shot.  On the first day and throughout the entire month of November, my fingers flew over my computer keys.  I didn't even think about it, it was writing itself!  I exceeded the challenge by 15,000 words.  But after the euphoria left me, it was time to revise.  I hate revision.  It seems that it has taken me years to revise, well, I guess it has.  I am down to the last 50 pages to make changes then I'm going back and making the changes in the computer file.  I hope all my hard work pays off. 
 I have had some short stories, both fiction and non-fiction published in magazines which is an awesome feeling as I'm sure most of you know.  I even co-authored a few science workbooks for children who are home schooled. 
  Looking forward to EBYSS' contest, yahoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment